The Center for Educational Research and Development (CERD) is committed to respecting your privacy. This statement on “Private Policy” is made to help you understand how CERD collects, uses and protects your data when you visit this site. CERD desires to help you make informed decisions in this regard. You are therefore urged to read the statement set out below to learn how your data may be used in the light of the Terms and Conditions for using the site.
Acceptance of Site Usage:
CERD may collect, store and use the following types of personal data:
- Information about your computer, your visits to and use of this site (including your Internet Protocol (IP) Address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, duration of visit and number of pages), without, however, linking IP Addresses to any personal data. Nevertheless, in rare cases, the IP Address may be used to help deter and/or prevent abusive or criminal activity on this site.
- Information that you provide to CERD for recording purposes that may include information presented for subscription to the website and e-mail notices or newsletter.
- Any other information you choose to send to CERD.
- Information provided through this form will be used only to provide enhancements to the site.
Cookies are information sent by a web server to a web browser for storage by the browser on its hard disc. This information enables the web server to recall important data that facilitate the use of the site. As is the practice at most internet sites, CERD’s site uses these cookies for a variety of purposes. You have the chance to set your devices to accept or not to receive cookies at any time, using your browser to also learn when cookies are issued. Refusing to receive cookies means that you will not benefit from certain personalized services and consequently you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features in CERD’s website. Cookies help CERD analyse your profile and offer you a better site experience.
Security of Your Data:
CERD will take the following precautions:
- Apply reasonable technical organizational precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your data.
- CERD may store all personal data you provide on secure servers. All electronic transactions you may send or receive from CERD may be encrypted.
Unfortunately, as is universally known, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure. CERD cannot guarantee the security of data exchanged over the internet. Therefore any use of the site will be at your own risk. While striving to protect your information, CERD cannot warrant the security of any information transmitted online. You are responsible for keeping your password and your user details (if any) confidential.
Who Will Use This Data:
- CERD, at its discretion, may use private data for the following purposes:
- Administration of site
- Improving your browsing experience by personalizing the site.
- Enable your use of the services available on the site.
- Send you e-mail notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send you CERD newsletter and other marketing communications relating to CERD’s business which may be of interest to you by post, or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by e-mail or similar technology. Also you may inform CERD at any time if you no longer require marketing communication.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the site.
Control of Data:
- You may opt to stop receiving any communication from CERD on the site.
- If you wish to update your personal information relating to any usage provided on site, you may e-mail the requested changes to: email@example.com
- CERD may, in addition disclose your data:
- To the extent allowed by law and application of usage terms, including investigation of possible violations, and uncovering of fraud attempts, security or technical problems.
- Carry out any present or prospective legal proceedings.
- To establish, exercise or defend legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risks).
Amendments to CERD Private Policy:
CERD may update / amend / change this Private Policy at its sole discretion from time to time by posting a new version on site.
Third Party Websites:
CERD’s website may have links with other sites; however, CERD is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party sites.